Saturday, April 15, 2006

Extracts from my paper diary.

Extracts from my paper diary:

"I take up the pen again. The keyboard is inadequate. The blog entries, as I'm finding out progressively, are becoming more and more synthetic than natural. Consequently, they are becoming less and less satisfying for me to write. I guess, given the time and perspective of my growing up, I'll never be able to replace the dear old pen and paper with anything else. I do write a lot using the keyboard and read a lot from the screen, but its never as gratifying as when I do that using good old paper. I'm getting into the electronic age, taking up a hardcore profession in IT, is passionate about the latest hardwares, but somehow and somewhere, all these still have failed to make absolute inroards into me. I'm still much more peaceful with the pen and paper, and always will be, these things having got deep rooted into my veins right from the age of the onset of my senses into the wonderful and infinite realm of words.

The only reason why new things get opposed by the comparatively older generation is because they cannot adapt themselves to the new standards and ways of living, the flexibility of their mind having gotten eroded with age. They just don't feel comfortable with these new ways, and hence oppose these. Not out of any moral standards or value system."

No comments:

Post a Comment