Friday, November 25, 2005

Scribbles: 25th November, 2005

Sometimes in life we are never sure. Its a paradox. If you do, you will probably wish that you hadn't done it, but if you don't, you will again wonder later that perhaps you should have done it. And there is no solution - in no way can you evaluate the two alternatives.

Isn't it inevitable that if you do your best to decide in such a situation, you will eventually only make it worse? Will not your thinking more and more about the 'what if's ultimately haunt you proportionally about the 'other' alternative, after you have chosen one alternative? And yes - if you have the third alternative of not choosing any of the courses of action, it will give you a boolean outcome - either you will be totally happy about this, or you will be totally repentant that you didn't go for either choices. I wish someone could provide me direct solutions to these problems.

But let me pause a minute here... didn't I myself have perfect answers to these questions 4-5 or more years back? I surely did. What were those answers? Why cant I remember them now? I had pretty substantial answers to such matters, and they somehow did held ground, and people (the "wise" ones too: pun intended) did agree to those. So, in spite to all these, what has happened to them? How come they are no longer? How come such solid theories get shaken off, in spite of statistical findings having supported them all the times...? What am I learning or unlearning? And why?

No comments:

Post a Comment