Friday, June 29, 2007

Stationed in Bangalore

Having abstained too long from blogging, I'll just make a hurried post in here. I'm in Bangalore now, this city being designated as my training location by Wipro Technologies. I'll be stationed here for three months - after which my location of posting will be Pune, as I had opted. I had opted for Pune in a wish to visit and experience some different place (having stayed in Bengal - primarily Kolkata - for 1/3rd of my life), and I'm lucky at getting to visit two cities in one go.

Anyways, Bangalore is a nice city, but the biggest problem here is the language. And I have no idea that by what stretch of reasoning they put up the names of the terminal places in the buses only in the local vernacular! Even the route numbers appear only in the local language in some of the buses!!

The Wipro campus is quiet impressive. The fact which startled me most was that it is protected by an electric fence. Never in my life have I seen any corporate office being protected by an electric fence. Being curious, I had raised the question in the brief security session we had on the first day, and the instructor had replied something like "it is to keep others from jumping into the Wipro campus"!!! What crap - even prisons don't employ electric fences! I wonder how sensitive the data is, if it is solely for data protection that they are employing this thing. Or probably being a global company, they also have additional threats from fanatic terrorist groups.

Well, maybe more on this later. Presently, I'll conclude this writing here as I am running out of time.

1 comment:

  1. Your style is very unique in comparison to other folks
    I have read stuff from. Thanks for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I'll just bookmark
    this blog.

    My blog - diets that work for women

    ReplyDelete