Tuesday, April 24, 2007

An Unique (Maybe Crazy) Travel Idea: Any Takers?

I'm getting eccentric ideas. Now I fantasise about making a short quick trip to the four corners of India. Trip just for the sake of being in those places. Not for any sight seeing or anything. Just stay overnight, or two nights, and move on. Some Eastern point in Arunachal Pradesh in the East, Kanyakumari in the South, a very Western point in Gujrat in the West and as far up in Kashmir (or maybe before Kashmir) as can be gone safely in the North. How does that look like? Any takers?

So - how much time and money would it all take? Of course, the journeys would by the cheapest train fares possible. The total time maybe 13-14 days, counting two nights per shift, and two nights per city. And total fare maybe thus: 4000 (total travel, with each shift @650) + 250*8 (@250 per night for halt in the cities) = 6000, + 1000 for miscellaneous = 7000. And if I stay for two nights only in the alternate places, then subtract 2 days and Rs500, making it all within 11-12 days at 6500. If I stop by in Delhi in my cousin's place while returning from my last city at the Northern point, for 3-4 days. That makes the total 16-18 (or 14-16) days.

Cool, eh? Maybe some day, when I loose my sanity over churning out freakish codes, I should open up a travel agency!

1 comment: